Wednesday 2 September 2015

... and now a word from our sponsors. Well, a word about whom we support anyway.

As some of you may know, I worked in Syria over a few years and have devoted much of my professional life to the study of Syrian history and culture. The ongoing war in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon  (not to mention Libya and Turkey) is nothing short of a catastrophe, certainly for the people who live in and/or come from those countries, but also for the millennia of shared cultural history and negotiated identities born of the region. 

When I first started to prepare wargaming rules for Ganesha Games I made the decision that I would donate 50% of my royalties to UNHCR, the United Nations Refugee Agency. Thanks to your enthusiasm for Galleys & Galleons - with some help from the ongoing support for Song of Shadows and Dust - I have just been able to make the biggest donation to date (more than the total donations from the last two years combined!).

We may not personally be able to do much to solve the complicated problems in the Middle East, but it's nice to think that we can make life more bearable for a few families who have lost everything.


3 comments:

  1. A great undertaking and well worth the support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for making your valuable contribution...at the moment it seems such a sad series of events that are unfolding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, it makes me even happier to purchase a copy.

    ReplyDelete